Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Showers, stitches, babies room and a 4!!!











We were at a ward activity at the Roy Aquatic Center a week ago and Rustin went into play racquetball and as he walked through the door he bent down to pick up a racket and the chain from the door was broke and swung and caught his nose right as he bent down and it ripped his nose open. So we had to go get stitches that night. They gave him a shot in the tip of his nose about 3 times and the doctor told him this was the worse pain he would ever feel. It was pretty horrible and then he got 3 stitches. I took the stitches out on Friday and his nose it looking beautiful:) We finally finished the babies room and we love it. Painting was a little rough but we learned a lot. Everything is ready now if he would just decide to come already. I went to the doctor yesterday and I am dilated to a 4 and 75% thinned. Were scheduled Saturday morning to be induced if I don't go before then. The doctor thinks he'll see me before Saturday though. So last night I bounced on an exercising ball during half of the Twilight movie. Today I walked McKay Dee Hospital for about an hour, all trying to help Ryker come out. I passed my Doctor twice while I was walking and the second time he asked if I was doing laps. I told him yes and I was trying to go into labor, he laughed and asked if I was having contractions yet. I had some that were painful last night but they weren't happening frequently enough. He said that when I start having contractions to come in and he promises they won't send me home. So I am currently bouncing on the ball again trying to get the contractions to come. I had 4 showers over the past 2 weeks, they were great and thanks to everyone who came. We are so blessed to have such great friends and family and so much support we will keep everyone updated on the baby when he decided to come.

8 comments:

Steph said...

What an exciting time!! I can't believe you're a 4, I didn't get that way til I was induced, so yay!! Can't wait to hear the updates, you look great!!

Amy said...

Ouch. That nose looks painful. You got a lot of stuff from the showers! It was fun to see you! Good luck this week. Fun times ahead!

His room is sooo cute! Good work!

Brett and Lex said...

Wow, look at all of those fun gifts! Getting closer!!

Lisette said...

Really, that picture of Rustin's nose is AWFUL! So, glad I didn't see it when it happened. YAY for this baby to be here! GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!

Ness said...

Don't you love showers? Good luck with getting that baby out before Saturday.

Unknown said...

Yeah Ryker's here and he's beautiful. I guess all the bouncing and walking helped :) Congrats sis, I love you!

Cole & Jess said...

I am so excited for you guys...I can not wait to see him. He looks so cute in the picture that you sent out! Hope every thing is going great:)

Michelle said...

That's cool that you did a blog post right before you had little Ryker. It will be fun to look back on that and remember what you were doing just the day before he was born. I can't wait to see little Ryker in person. The picture is adorable. I hope everything is going well! Let me know when we can come visit!! We'd love to come see you and bring you a meal!